Friday, February 19, 2010

First Birthday Party: Blue and Orange H Theme

Harrison's first birthday party was done in soft shades of blue and orange and I tried to carry through the H theme where I could. The cakes took me all week--baking and freezing multiple layers and waiting until the morning of to shape stack and frost them. He didn't want anything to do with his smash cake until we gave him flatwear and even then he was content to stab at it with a silly grin on his face. 

At the end all of the hard work was worth it when I realized that even though he couldn’t care less about the cake, it didn’t mean all of the thought I put into it was for nothing. Being creative makes me happy and that makes me a better mom. And I am happy thinking about the day when Harrison looks back at pictures of his first birthday and can see all of the effort I put into his first birthday. I love this kid like crazy.
You can check out some of the Rock and Roll Birthday invites that I came up with in my etsy shop MidwestPrep Stationary. I can also work with you if you have a special request or idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment